Tuesday, December 20, 2005

You Are The Director Of Your Life

As I sat in the departure lounge of the Male' International Airport awaiting to board an Air Lanka flight bound for Colombo, many thoughts raced my mind. I knew I had missed a few days from posting on my blog. What would I write next. Shall I scan the net for news on cool gadgets or newsworthy social events or impending disasters? For once, my mind was not giving clear answers: So let me try something to LIVE for, POSITIVE, and VALUE driven.
How about me directing my own life and you directing your own life. Seems good, so here I go.

Life does give each one of us the opportunity to live our life. Whether we are successful or not depends not only on how we live our life but also on how we define success. To one person success was, " As long as I am above ground, I am successful." To this person, to be alive was to be successful. I am sure most other people would want more out of their life.

There are some people who believe that success is dependent on factors beyond their control. Such people are bound to suffer the disappointment and unhappiness for they see their lives taking twists and turns that they can't control. While this may be true of certain periods in the life of every person, it cannot be the norm as it deprives a person from taking personal responsibility for his actions.

Our life becomes the product of our decisions and the effort we put in to realize our dreams. Our innate potential will not be realized unless we work to achieve them. The price of our success is not dependent only on money but more on our efforts.

No comments: