Saturday, June 09, 2007

Brian Lara's greatness on display


Brian Lara who has retired from international cricket is not missed during the tour of his country to England this summer.

A fascinating new exhibition shows off the memorabilia that contributed to his unforgettable career. Click here to see more pictures showcased at a Museum at Lord's hosting a special exhibition celebrating the life and career of the great West Indies batsman Brian Lara.

Talking to a distinguished English cricketer Angus Fraser about his favourite collections, Lara said one of his prized possessions is a jacket signed by Nelson Mandela.

He said, " I was lucky enough to go and see him and I could not leave without getting something signed. I did not have anything so I took off the suit jacket I was wearing and asked him if he would sign it. I did not mind not being able to wear my Hugo Boss suit again."

No comments: